Waiting on God

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31)."

Have you ever wished you could just rise up above everything and everyone and fly up to the sky like the birds where there seem to be no obstacles and where literally there is no limit? I've had that feeling, especially when stuck in traffic (lol), wishing that I could fly to get to where  I am going faster without delays, but sadly life is not like that and sometimes we just have to wait. 

Waiting is something that is unavoidable in life but it teaches us a great lesson about patience. It is also an action that you continually engage in if you are a believer of Christ and waiting on the promise that he will come back for his church. For this reason, waiting is something that is not new when it comes to those in the bible and a prime example is Abraham who waited 25 years to see God's promise to him for a son come to pass. 

What are some reasons why we wait?

Waiting on God is hard! So many of us are waiting on God for a lot of things like healing, deliverance, and all sorts of breakthroughs; spiritual, physical, in our marriages, on a husband or wife (for those who are single), a career, family, finances or whatever situation life gets us in. I used to wonder why does God has us wait on certain promises that he spoke to us about and why can't I receive them right now or when I feel like I am ready? Then, God opened up my eyes to the truth about the reasons for waiting.

1. It's not the right time 

There are appointed times for EVERYTHING. Have you ever heard that saying that God is never late but always on time, especially in making things happen for us in the right moments? I've learned that God does not always give us the things we are waiting on him for right away because there are seasons to receive certain things. During that time of waiting, God prepares us and positions us for those seasons of receiving, which leads me to my next point.

2. You're not as ready as you think you are

Sometimes we think we are ready for what we have been praying for but we really are not and if we were to receive it right at that moment we might sabotage it. Like, that relationship that you're waiting for or that financial breakthrough or even healing. If you're not ready for what you have been praying for, you can easily ruin that blessing. God will not give us something he knows we are not ready for just like he would not give us anything we cannot handle because he wants us to succeed. 

3. God's testing your attitude and building your character

What are you doing while you're waiting on God? What is your heart posture? Before I used to really focus on the things that I was expecting from God and would feel very disappointed when I did not receive them day after day, which made me question God's faithfulness. But, when I stopped focusing on those things and started focusing on how I can better my relationship with God and how to advance the kingdom, I started to see the things that I was waiting for start to manifest in my life now. I stopped questioning God's faithfulness and just started living by faith that God was working it all out for my good. I also came to realize that it's not about waiting but it's about what we do when we wait and, instead of complaining, I started praying and praising God. 

4. The enemy has delayed your promise 

The other day I was sitting in my mom's car just thinking about my mom and one of my sister's health and I asked God why we weren't seeing anything yet. We've been praying, fasting, and believing for healing and even other breakthroughs as a family but there seemed to be delay. I started talking to God and saying, " God, you are the same God that healed, delivered and set free and I know you never change and neither can your word turn back to you void"... "You spoke healing into our lives so why can't we see that manifestation? Where is the disconnect? What is happening?" In the past year I learned that some times it is the enemy that delays or holds up some of our blessings. The bible says that the enemy "kills steals and destroys," he opposes everything that is good. He does not want you to be healed, he does not want your marriage to work,  he does not want you to be successful or fulfill your destiny, he will do anything in his power to destroy it and that is why we have to be in constant prayer and supplication to God. The good thing to know is that we have victory over the enemy and God's will is always accomplished no matter what.

Waiting helps us gain endurance to keep pushing even though there are no results as yet. Waiting shows faith because it shows how convinced we are of the promise, which makes us keep going even though we cannot see it or feel it because we know God is faithful and that we will get there or have it at the right time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Stand For Hate, Stand For Change

How to be truly happy in a season of singleness (Part 1)

From a time of being broken down to built up