To a time...


Take me back to a time
When I was young
And kisses from you didn’t sting
Like our memories
A bee--taking nectar from a flowers head 
But you took my honey away
And didn’t replenish it…

Take me back to a time
When I would climb the dock where old men fished
Running in the meadowlands
Climbing the big trees to the very top
Where I would see the world
Big, Bright and Beautiful

Take me back to a time
Where the little girl
That’s eyes were full of stars
And not dimmed by life
Was the girl staring back at me

Take me back to a time... When I had no worries

                                                             ©    ~ Star Latty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Stand For Hate, Stand For Change

How to be truly happy in a season of singleness (Part 1)

From a time of being broken down to built up