An Epistle to God


Change me oh Lord
Is what I look to you and pray
Waring against emotions
Each and every day
I wish my flesh would shrivel up
And just fade away
Free from its heavy burden
Please do not delay
Give joy within my spirit
And please let it stay
I'm tired of being unhappy
I need this sadness to keep at bay
For when I am weak, you are my strength 
So hear me oh Lord when I say
I need you
I don't want to be the same 
I beg, teach me to know your ways
My soul is cast down within me
Save me oh Lord 
My heart is dismayed 
You tell me to find rest in you
So in your peace Lord I will lay


                                       ©    ~ Star Latty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Stand For Hate, Stand For Change

How to be truly happy in a season of singleness (Part 1)

From a time of being broken down to built up